We have accumulated below a bunch of useful links that will allow you to find out more information about how to rig / sail and tune your 4000 dinghy to make it go a little quicker. We hope you find the information informative.
If you think there is some information missing then please drop a note on the Chat Forum and we should be able to find someone who can put pen to metaphorical paper.
Boat Set Up
- Tweaking Tips – guide to those little things you can do on the boat to make it easier to sail
- Tuning Guide – the official class guide to setting up your 4000 in terms of rig tension, mast rake etc.
- (Old Laser 4000 Measurement Rules Version 6 – 2009 – for those of us that want to check the previous rules
- 4000 Measurement Rules Version 1 – August 2014
- Current Rule Interpretations – None at present – with the new Rules just in place
- Weight Equalisation Settings Chart – how to calculate your weights and racks settings to make sure you’re legal OR for those of us that keep changing our weight and need a more interactive version – here it is in Excel !
- or in the case of
- Guide to Buying a 4000 – things to look for when buying a second hand boat
- Original Laser 4000 UK Handbook – lots of good stuff about how to rig the boat and original equipment used
- 101 Top Tips – lots of tips on sailing the 4000, as originally published in 4Play magazine (pdf file > 5MB)
- Strong Wind Sailing Guide – guide to keeping the boat the right way up when there’s a bit of a blow on!
- Newcomers Training Weekend Presentation – Presentation from a Training Weekend back in 2004 (tips today are as good as they were ten years ago!)